Relationships Are Built On Knowledge
Rather than work backward from an end goal, we begin by building a relationship that is based on a knowledge, a true understanding, of your needs, goals, concerns and risk tolerance. It’s important to identify your income and liquidity needs, trust needs, wealth transfer intentions, and possible philanthropic goals. For example:
- What are your monthly cash flow needs?
- Do you wish to establish a financial legacy for future generations?
- Do you have a cause to support or a foundation you want to create?
Our Process Leads To Objective Advice
We employ an open architecture process, provide broad diversification and adhere to strict due diligence in order to remain objective when guiding your plans. This unbiased process allows your investment objectives and risk tolerance to drive our recommendations.
By blending asset classes that are not highly correlated, or investments that have demonstrated different performance characteristics from one another, we strive to balance overall portfolio returns, while complementing your risk tolerance. Beyond these strategic allocations to stocks, bonds, alternative investments, and cash, we deliver exposure to multiple market segments and sectors, investment styles, and management strategies within each asset class, further diversifying your investments.
Finally, our quantitative and qualitative asset allocation methods are crucial for providing you with proper, objective advice. This two-pronged process is designed to deliver consistent risk-adjusted returns through a repeatable methodology.
Open architecture, broad diversification, and asset allocation are keys to long-term investing. We remain disciplined in the application of our process, which enables us to provide objective advice aligned with your investment goals and risk tolerance.
For you this means objective advice and unbiased recommendations based on meeting your goals, not our agenda.
Proactive Oversight and Communication Produce Results
We strive to understand your long-term goals and risk tolerance early in the relationship so that we may provide strategic guidance through active account oversight. We want you to remain confident and trusting as we make changes within the portfolio through the course of our relationship.
Our active management and strategic guidance revolve around these three key areas:
1. Long-Term Strategic Targets with Tactical Decisions: Long-term strategic targets change only in response to major life changes or changes in liquidity or income needs. Our Asset Allocation Committee (AAC) meets regularly to make tactical adjustments based upon our 12-18 month assessment of the business cycle and asset class return expectations.
2. Focus on Net of Fee Returns: BOK Financial Private Wealth strives to keep management fees low. Due to the breadth of our Wealth Management Group, we are able to secure low-cost share classes and providers and believe in employing both passive and active options within the portfolio construction process.
3. Communication and Client Interaction: We will make every effort to proactively communicate with you by reviewing your investment objective and risk profile, explaining the outcome of the AAC process, and clearly defining our investment strategy. We believe open, proactive communication bolsters confidence, strengthens our relationship, and maintains your objectives as the centerpiece of the relationship.
Understanding and practicing the tenets of our three pillars is critical. A clear knowledge and consistent communication of these guidelines is key to building a strong relationship with you.